Thursday, December 15, 2016

More Rest

The body is a feat of survival. It was not designed, however, and therefore functions poorly in several areas. My body is not functioning very well, at all, today. It started yesterday, in all honesty. I know it's been doing its jobs as best it can. I just can't see how these things have to all happen at the same time. None of it will kill me, and none of it is truly brutal, each by themselves. Added all together, I just want to hide out away from the rest of the world for a while.

Strangely, this was after my sinuses cleared up as well as my mental outlook having improved by leaps and bounds. I can't blame it on stress. I'm pretty relaxed, this week. I can't blame it on anything I've eaten. I haven't had any alcohol. Unless I was getting hooked on allergy and sinus medicine, and now I'm going through withdrawal because of reducing my intake.

Though the promise to myself to do something enriching still stands, it's going to be something here at home. I don't feel like getting out the foundation and blemish cover pencil just to go to the woods. Seems a bit of a defeat to do that. The idea of running into other people has set off a wave of anxiety though. I'll just continue to rest and treat myself at home, as if I'm still sick. After all blood vessels in delicate regions, intestines, pores, and lip membranes need help healing too.

Wonder what there is to watch on Netflix. Supernatural is on a hiatus for the next month, after all. Maybe something funny, without viciousness, will do, today. Otherwise, today is just a terribly cold, terribly boring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment