Monday, November 28, 2016

Today's Self-Report

Another day, another hour and a half of overtime. I need the money. The work is tedious, for the most part. It isn't great, but not horrible. There are just so many other places I'd rather be. I feel like the biggest accomplishment was getting up to the break room to re-enroll in insurance for the year. The rest that I did is standard. Only 18,255 steps, since I didn't work quite as long as I did yesterday.

Now, I've come home, my feet are throbbing. It's strange how I don't notice it until I am resting. A perk to my body not aging all that badly. Of course, this means I'll be letting the dishes soak in soapy water, and ignoring the now two bags of garbage. I really don't think I'll make it down the steps. Hopefully I'll remember them in the morning, this time. Yes, I know, forgetting two days in a row is kinda bad.

Oh and yes, I'll be up at 3 a.m. to cover the opener for the next three days. My days can end much shorter, barring anymore surprises like today. Really, that was probably 15% more than I hoped it would be. Let's hope that the tradition people have of not ordering mid-week continues. As young as I feel, I know I can't go full-steam for the next three days.

Also, let's hope I sleep.

I haven't had any meltdowns. My life has become more evenly distributed. However, the last two weeks have been hell. I hope this subsides. Today is a good day, though. I just want it to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment