Tuesday, November 8, 2016

This Election Must End

I didn't sleep well. I was plagued by anxiety all day long, and had to suppress it at work.

Then I drove straight to the polling place - the senior center. It was for the popular vote, because my vote is total shit in this state. Every two years, I'm reminded just how little I belong here. Yuck. This year was the worst, ever. Period. And these people think a guy who is going to court for raping a 13 year old girl is someone to fucking admire. Nope. Going to be a long time before I look the other way on this. Even if you pretend like that case actually going before a court is nothing, there are a million and one other things to look at. But no. Orange Cheeto Dust Fascist is your savior. (And I'm a dolphin and this is all a dream.)

Watching the numbers unfold is wrong. I should go to sleep, and wake up to the aftermath. I can't sleep at all, though. The headache, the stomach ache, the receding buzz, and my watering eyes can't convince me to look away. I might miss something.

There was already one shooting with a death and injuries near a polling place, this year.

2016 just needs to become history. Fast. No repeat of 2000. NOOOOOO. I say NO. Weeks of bullshit about Florida and hanging chads have been exacerbating the anxiety. I can't go through it again. I just can't.

This has to be over in the morning.

And the rest of the world can laugh at Kentucky, as per usual. Not all of us are heartless fascists who pretend he's not up for rape of a 13 year old girl charges. But there are too many who are. So laugh. I'll laughsob with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment