Thursday, November 24, 2016

24 years

Very little to do at work. I stayed three hours and went home. I have napped on and off since then. I had a little more food in between naps. I see my kids are occupied at their grandparents' house. The day is nothing much to me. I guess it means something to other people.

There's not a whole lot to say. It's just been 24 years of muddling through this holiday. Sometimes it feels okay, and other times it feels like hell. Whether spent among my family, other families, or on my own, it has been a reminder of times I wish I could forget. Maybe not forget, but at least I could just not feel anything when I think on them.

The downward trajectory begins now until December 4th. After that, things should feel more festive, again. As I sit here, I just wait for the day to end, while the rest of the country spends time either dramatically dealing with horrible families they'd rather avoid, or swallowed up in familial bliss. I tend to be thankful that I am not dealing with any drama at all, anymore.

That is the good I wish to focus on.

I hope the few of you who take the time to read this have a good day. I'll toast you with my glass of white chardonnay. From my heart to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment