Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Ranting.

It appears that my sense of humor took another vacation. This time, I'm going to indulge in the things that keep my heavy mood going. Perhaps because the temptation to flee into numbness is growing stronger. I went down my list of songs and pulled out anything that touched the theme of "the end of the world" to me. I came up with 110 songs in a few minutes. I'm sure I missed some, too. Plus, I need to rebuild my collection, since my collection didn't transition the way I thought it did. That means ripping my CDs again.

The dreams I've had over the last year have been pretty terrible. A lot of them have started to happen. Luckily, the two most terrible ones haven't happened yet. Everything that this administration is doing and planning to do is being hand-waved away. And of course, the executive order business that I heard people call "power grabs" are now perfectly acceptable. Interesting how cognitive bias works on everyone of us. It's not even a week in, and the plans being put into place ensure that we will be in a worse position after 4 years than we were in 2004. If we let them get away with all of this, we may not have much of a life at all, let alone a voice in government.

The authoritarians are pleased, right now. In time, it'll even harm them. I've so far stuck to my promise not to laugh at them or make fun of them. It'll be hard, at times. The executive orders have tested me with not making fun of people.

Anyway, I'll still say I told you so. Not with malice or gloating. Simple statement of fact. You know, objective facts. Not alternative facts. Whatever that imaginary Constitution y'all say you love so much says, I know it has no room for someone like me in it. I don't want to submit to your vision of America. I'm stuck here, but I'll fight for the one old Conservatives like my dad used to talk about. I'll fight for the one that comes with the promise of liberty and justice for all. It's not just for the 1%.

The new aristocracy and royalty is just as putrid and corrupt as the old one we were supposed to have left behind. Funny how many people need "strong leaders" to rule over them in such fierce domination. Funny peculiar, not funny haha. That great experiment of a republic was just too much liberty for too many people. However, in the end, none of us will have any liberty. It'll be the few at the top, again. All these people clamoring for an authoritarian regime will be under the boot, as well.

All the people who think the hot air words Trump gives to Jesus and God means that your particular brand of Christianity will be the one at the top of the food chain are wrong. The religious promises are empty. The old saying that religion is useful for leaders to control people might just prove correct. That wall of separation was protecting your beliefs as well as my non-beliefs. Take it away, and it most likely won't be your vision of Christianity that you have to submit to. Humans have to learn these things the hard way, repeatedly, though.

You've all crowned your king. Congratulations. Executive orders all around. Enjoy the glow while you can, it'll fade soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment