Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Let Me Be Wrong

There is no sober in me right now. The drink is cheap and sweet. It's taking the ache away from my heart.

I'm downtrodden by events that are about to take place. Even if most of the woo has been purged from me, I feel like this "premonition" game my brain is playing is just my mind figuring out how to connect the dots before I've fully made a rational assessment. Things that are coming are going to be hard. They're going to be bad. That goes for the people that think they're safe, right now. Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell will have to learn the hard way.

I won't laugh. I will say I told you so, though. That's my mantra, now.

We tried to play with civility and the Renaissance rationality. We tried to bend the arc toward justice. We played by the rules. Meanwhile, people with few scruples and a lot of greed bent the rules and built up a future of injustice. We let them get away with this. We let them have all of our futures.

People who don't understand death will kill our future. None of them will live, either. In the end, we will all look like the same pile of bones to any future generation that survives us. There's no salvation. There are no angels. There is no Year Zero Godly hand dropping from the sky to end the misery. People pile misery upon misery on top of each other. We were our only hope to save ourselves. There's no divine force that will lift the chosen people from the battlefields. It's just us, these animals with some weird predisposition toward self-destruction.

I've already started having war and invasion dreams again. They will increase. I know my brain. I sound so damned pessimistic. It's because where I live, people can't see what they've done. Until they feel the pain, themselves, they won't even care. All their hot air about Jesus and Christian compassion will evaporate in the nuclear winter.

I hope people who aren't surrounded by the truly blind-to-truth can make a difference. I feel overwhelmed. In ten days, life is going to change for us, in our protective bubble. I won't back down. My history brought me to a mindset where "I would not submit / could never bring myself to heel." I won't back down. One thing I know about me is that I don't back down. Even when I should. I'll do everything I can to stop this.

I hope the people who have the "keys" to our destruction are smarter than the shitpile we just let take over our government. If we ever needed smarter people than the ones the populace elected, it is now.

And again, I say, "I HAVE NEVER WANTED TO BE WRONG MORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE THAN I DO ABOUT THIS NEXT YEAR TO TWO YEARS."

No comments:

Post a Comment