Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Second Time

Morrissey remains that kick in the gut that I need to keep an eye on things that slip past me, emotionally. In the midst of burn out, there's something incredibly energizing to me about watching graphic and brutal video set to loud music to remind me even when feeling so done. The people who have made activism look like a joke have been shoved out of the range of thoughts in my head, again. It's interesting to see how my mind deals with this. The videos all circulated, and I saw them the first time, but the police brutality all laid out, back to back has a different effect. Each one, individually, when new, set off the parts of me that withdraw in horror and hopelessness. All presented together, the picture is galvanizing. I'm not pulling back into myself, at all.

Of course, the concert was amazing to me. All of the chosen songs were fabulous to hear. My favorites include "Ouija Board", "You Have Killed Me", "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", "The World Is Full of Crashing Bores", "What She Said", "Irish Blood, English Heart", "Speedway", "Everyday Is Like Sunday", and "Suedehead". The last two are probably pretty obvious. So glad I got to go. I'm probably forgetting something there, but those were the ones that I treasure.

Unlike Cincinnati, last year, only one person attempted to run on stage at the end, but Morrissey ran off and security gave the guy warning. There were no jumpers before that, either. More people were moving, in the crowd, too. Cincinnatians don't fucking move. Ever. Annoying when you want to, and people are acting like you're the oddball.

I didn't feel any of the fog that I did beforehand, and I feel rather energized this morning. Perhaps I will drive up to my favorite woods, today, because it's been months and months since I last went.

My only problem last night seemed to stem from an allergy to something in Louisville. My throat was swollen and so I didn't sing along at all. I did dance in my spot a bit. My neighbors weren't the dancing sort, but that's okay. The crowd was good for the first half of the show, then two people arrived late and filled an empty spot in front of me, and proceeded to talk a great deal. One of them was loud and pointed at my ear just right. It was a bit infuriating during "Ouija Board" because I didn't know if I'd get to hear that one live, and I have loved it a long time.

I <3 music.

No comments:

Post a Comment