Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I Can See the Drop

There isn't much fun in watching your brain take a nosedive. There are things I'm looking forward to, yet I'm not quite able to feel it. Add this unwanted, nasty migraine, and things are about as fun as a stomach pump. (My dad's favorite expression.) There are only three days left until I don't go to work for a week.

Also... Why do people INSIST on asking me where I'm going when I say it's vacation week? Vacation is an allotted amount of time off of work, usually greater than three days. It's easier and quicker to say vacation than  "a week paid time off from work." Why can't I use "vacation" to mean that without everyone deciding I'm going somewhere? That didn't happen when I was younger. It seems to be a new thing people assume. "I'm on vacation next week." Not "I'm going on a vacation." When did the two become interchangeable? Why does this annoy me, anyway?

Three days of burnout and I get to take time off. Lacking sick days, and given only two personal days I must request in advance, my vacation week is precious to me. However, I can't feel it, now. This is life with a malfunctioning brain. Tomorrow, all my spoons will be used up by the time I leave at 1, if not sooner. My use of words will be compromised. My judgment will be cloudy. The time will go too slowly. I'll probably eat junk food. I'll probably forget to do something important.

Oh well, slogging on for three days, then I'm free of the biggest drain on my life for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment