Sunday, July 9, 2017

Today in Recovery

It's only been a few days since I was last under anesthesia. The internal organs are still mending and rebuilding themselves. My body is losing its supply of hormones. I shouldn't wonder why I feel the way I feel. However, the part of me that needs me to be well again is impatient for this to end.

It's been nearly a month now. My last appointment is in two weeks and four days. I feel like I'm on track for healing. I'm exhausted today, with some swelling and had a light ache in my lower abdomen this morning. Though I've had hot flashes and night sweats every few days, for years, they've increased significantly. I have a few pimples left from just after the surgery. Even going to the store today was a bit of a chore. It's Sunday, which is overcrowding hell in this area. My ears are popping for some reason, too.

The fireworks that kept going off well into the 1 a.m. hour kept startling me out of sleep. I blame my exhaustion from the broken sleep. Maybe it has exacerbated all the other things. I don't know. It's making me very irritable. My streak of rage is nudging into the surface of my consciousness, too. If I felt like I could drive without ramming into the first knucklehead to annoy me, I would go somewhere. Not sure that's a good idea.

Let's hope this phase of healing passes quickly.

P.S. For the curious who don't mind sex talk, my libido and orgasm are just fine. No changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment