Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Note at the End of Staycation

My lack of posts must mean one thing. Yep. Life has been good on my vacation. I feel rested and ready to face up to the task of 40 hour work weeks pretending to be someone I am not - someone much happier and well adjusted - again. I do wish I could bottle up all the ideas I've had for dealing with things, and just pull it out and sniffing it as needed.

Alas, that will never happen.

The next vacation is in June. Based around the Chicago Cure show. I wasn't excited about it until this week. The excitement has returned, though. Live Cure in a few months. Another week off work - and I do have a third week after that, too.

Now, if this weather would just break, all would be great. February was late this year. It's still haunting us. I fucking hate February in this region. It's like a slime on the bottom of my shoe. A heavy slime. Depression sucks. Depression based on the weather sucks. Both of them together means a total suck machine for me.

So, I played Simcity, ordered a few new toys and enjoyed myself as much as possible.

From now on, the regular work week jokes will make sense to me, again for the first time in a decade. That will be strange. Again, that which others find normal is strange to me. Heh.

*Note: I only say "staycation" because I get tired of saying I'm not going anywhere. I'm just off work for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment